Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Introduction

This is my Photorealism blogquest. How did Photorealism evolve? If you like photography and art history, than this is the blogquest for you! Before I began to research different types of art, I didn't even know this was a type of art. And know I'm amazed by it. Without photography, Photorealism wouldn't exist. Although we do have Realism as well as Photorealism, they really are two different movements in art. Photorealism makes me feel like I'm right there in the middle of the painting.

When you're done with this blogquest, you will know why Photorealism became an art movement and why it has been so successful. Do you think Photorealism will continue to exist even as digital photographers can make photos look like paintings, because of our new and developing technology?

No comments:

The Task

In order to help you learn about photorealism in a fun, creative way, I want you to find a photograph that you enjoy and that says something about yourself, and then I would like you to use that photo as the "model" for your painting.  (The photograph doesn't have to be a self-portrait.)

Your Process

1. Find a favorite photograph that says something about yourself. (Keep in mind that this will be your "model" for your painting.)
2. Choose a medium that you would like to work with (pencil, acrylic, etc.).
3. Now, using your photograph as a "model" for your art project, create it! (Look at the pictures I have provided to the left for ideas on how to create your idea. Not all photorealism looks exactly like the original photograph, so don't worry too much about exactness.) And have fun!